Tuesday, December 19, 2006

You know what's NOT a good idea?

Reading the book "Cat Heaven" to your 2 year old who keeps asking, "Where's Ellen?" every 5 minutes after an exhausting day at work plus an after-work trip to the damn grocery store to stock up on stuff to make snacks for an entire Montessori class full of 2 and 3 year olds all week on a miserable, drizzly day that just happens to be the four-year anniversary of your father's death right after you've begun taking some new hormones and are running on only 5 hour of sleep.

Not a good idea at all.

Oh, I wanted ya'll to know that this dog is up for adoption at Town Lake Animal Shelter:
He's the funniest looking, most adorable dog ever, and I would go get him right this second if I thought I had the energy or time to give him the kind of home he deserves. Did I mention Town Lake is a kill shelter? Yeah, his days are numbered. Why was I looking at this website? Good fucking question.

God, I just want to crawl under the covers and not come out until March.

4 comments:

Me said...

Oh God, you're having a shitty week, aren't you? Yikes. Hang in there.

Sending hugs from Houston,
E :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a corgi to me.

Anonymous said...

No, that was not a good idea. Jesus, I live in a 400 square foot apartment in OK with several kitties, and I want to come down there and take him HOME...hope your week gets better, chickie, but in the meantime...stick to Cute Overload or celebrity gossip. :)

Bonnie said...

I'm so sorry about your kitty. I know how hard that is.