Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Whoa.

Well, THAT sucked.

Had that stupidfuckingsurgery last Wednesday. Got out of the stupidfuckinghospital yesterday. I've got 19 staples in my lower abdomen and my colon's about 1 foot shorter, but hey--IT WASN'T CANCER--so there you go.

I'm in for a pretty long recuperation, which should be interesting since
a) I just got a promotion that I haven't gotten to move into in any officical way since I've been out of the office so freakin' much and
b) I have a 2 year old who is suddenly more needy than normal

So yeah.

What does Karla May's long recuperation mean for you? (God, you're selfish!) Why, lots and lots of boredom-inspired blog posts, of course!

By the way, a big, heart-felt THANK YOU to all of you (some friends, some total strangers) who posted comments of encouragement when I wrote my previous "Blog Hiatus" post. This here internet thing is pretty cool. I think it may catch on!!

P.S. As I type this, it's 8:30 a.m., raining, and only 70 degrees. I am a HAPPY camper about that.

10 comments:

Mommygoth said...

YAYAYAYAY! No cancer! YAYAYAY!

Me said...

Glad you're home and recuperating.

My turn with the doc for suspicious stuff is tomorrow afternoon. No surgery though, just another pap and stuff like that. Ugh.

Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for no cancer! Take it nice and easy (or as nice and easy as you can with a 2 yr old in tow).

Karla said...

so you had a BM, then? You GO girl! You keep up the progress and remember we are all fartists...and I'm totally into farts and crafts. fffrrpp....

Hugs, Fartsy Fartsy Karla

Shelia said...

Prayers were answered! No wonder Geej is clingy.. little ones totally sense all our crap. I'm so thrilled for you that all is well!

Shelia

Badger said...

Dude! I'm SO glad to hear you're home and posting again.

And also, I KNEW it would be scar tissue! I didn't see that colon thing coming, though. Damn.

And seriously, I am free during the day when my kids are in school. So if you need anything, lemme know.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're home. Sorry I forgot to take the plant.

Mags said...

Congrats on the cancerlessness! I'm so happy to hear that, and you're home.

Take your pain pills, don't be a hero. (Sshyeah! As if!)

Anonymous said...

Marla, I just looked at your latest blog(s), I hadn't read the one about the surgery! Omigod! I am so glad to hear you are ok and that it is not Cancer! I know that your mom is there to help you, but if you need any help at all over the weekend please let me know. Trina

Millardman said...

Well..That is great news!
Did you get to keep it?