Thursday, September 28, 2006

Dressed for dinner.


It's sort of hard to see in this photo, but below the Old Navy t-shirt, The Geej is wearing a frou-frou frilly pink dress up skirt and some bitchin' purple pumps. And the cheesy grin just adds to the allure of this ensemble.

I'm happy to report that today was much better than yesterday. I got up, got dressed, actually put on makeup, and went to work. Well, sort of. My team was having its weekly team meeting at 9:30, and it was the last team meeting for a person on our team who is moving on to another team (long story), so I wanted to pop in and tell her goodbye, and I also needed to sign the fourth quarter bonus paperwork for everyone. I swear, I got tears in my eyes when I drove up to my office building. I was so happy to be there, to see real people, to be back in my normal environment. My team has been SO amazing throughout all of this, so I was glad I got to tell them in person how much their keeping things afloat has meant to me.

After the meeting, I went and did a bit of shopping at Whole Foods. Again, it felt great being back in my element. Granted, my "bit of shopping" added up to $85, but it was worth it just to be in that store among all of the beautiful food and other stuff. It all made me very happy.

While I was doing all this, Mom had gone to her house and to run some errands of her own. So when I got home from shopping, I had the house all to my self. It was nice. I ate 1/2 a tuna fish sandwich while I perused the latest issue of the "Austin Chronicle." Again, it felt normal.

After lunch, I was completely out of gas. I was so exhausted, in fact, that I got dizzy and thought I might fall a couple of times. Not good. I had to lie down. Earl thought it was his duty to lie down with me, but I had to kick him out of the bed once his snoring became too loud. I swear he's like a fat old man when it comes to sleeping.

After I napped, I felt better. Mom got back to the house around 4:00pm, and then we went to get The Geej at school.

Like I said, today was much better than yesterday. And not because I felt better, but because I had so much normalcy inserted into my otherwise abnormal existence. I need more of that, but I also know I can't push it too hard.

I believe my dear friend Jules is going to drive down from Okla-fucking-homa to hang out with me this weekend. Wow. I can't even believe she'd do something like that for me. I have the best damn friends in the whole world. Her coming here means that I can give Mom a reprieve and let her go home and spend 48 hours without having to take care of me or The Geej--something she hasn't gotten to do in a month. I think it will do us all a world of good.

1 comment:

La Turista said...

Should you really be driving yet? Dude - I have a full-fledged taxi service at your disposal, so please, don't be a hero. Seriously.

Love the dinner ensemble.