Friday, February 18, 2011

Rainbows! And Giggles!!

Well, not exactly. But I'm in a much better place than I was when I last wrote. Today, I finally went back to work after being out sick for four freakin' days. I am SO unbelievably behind, but it was really good to be back among the living today, however minimal my "To Do" list progress may have been.

Monday and Tuesday sucked donkey balls. I was so miserable and feverish and achy and worn out. It was bad. Wednesday, I started to feel a bit more human, but by that point The Geej was home with a fever. I took her to the doctor, and they tested her for the flu, which was thankfully negative. But that night, she had diarrhea, vomited, and had a fever of 102.7. It was scary. This child rarely gets sick, and this was like the 3rd time she'd ever thrown up in her life, and she was very upset by it all. And I was still operating at way less than 100%, so it just sucked all around. By about 1:00am, her fever had begun to come down, and on Thursday she never got above 99.6. So whatever the Hell it was that knocked her on her ass has come and gone, praise sweet baby Jeebus.

Somehow, BH has managed to escape either of our ailments (knock wood). He's Superman. Or a robot. I'm not sure, but I'm glad he's well.

Next fall, I WILL be getting the flu vaccine.

I've got a lot of stuff on ye olde plate in the immediate future: cleaning the HELL out of The Geej's room and getting rid of a lot of clothes, shoes, and toys she's grown out of and just decluttering her space; Going to see the Vienna Boys' Choir with Dah and The Geej on Sunday; Dinner with BH and my in-laws on Sunday evening; Having The Geej's spring conference with her teacher on Monday. (They allot 20 whole minutes to discuss your child with you! Wow!!); Listening to the new Radiohead and P.J. Harvey albums over and over and over; Getting my summer writing workshop application materials (that are due for 2 workshops on 3/1) completed and in the mail; Getting our tax stuff together and sent off to the CPA; Scheduling our new carpet installation; and so on and so on.

It just never stops, does it? No wonder the black circles under my eyes are just getting darker and more circular.

No comments: