Sunday, February 20, 2011

And he's back.

Within a couple of hours of writing the post about Doug hauling ass, prison-break style, he was back at home snoozing with a full belly. He'd been spotted in some bushes in front of a house on the street behind us. When he saw us, he skeedaddled into a back yard and got tormented by some bluejays and mockingbirds for a while. Then, once it started steadily drizzling, he decided to scale the fence and come home, meyowling the whole time. Sigh. I'm glad he's back, but we're definitely going to have to take steps to make him an indoor/outdoor creature or we're all going to go insane.

This afternoon, The Geej, Dah and I are going to get all kinds of cultural and go see a performance by the Vienna Boys' Choir. I love choral music (most of it, anyway) and was a big choir nerd back in middle school and junior high, so when I saw they were coming, I quickly bought tickets. Also, because The Geej likes music and likes to sing so much, I'm hoping she'll be inspired by what she sees and hears. But she may just be bored out of her mind. We'll see.

Later this evening, we're going to dinner with my in-laws. Luckily, I actually LIKE my mother-in-law and her husband. A lot. So this is a treat. Also, since they live several hours away, it's a rare treat.

And then? I've got work to do this evening. Work work. I'm worried that I'm never going to dig out of this hole I dug by being out sick for four days. At least, I'm not going to be able to dig out during normal work hours alone. So if I'm silent for a few days, you know why. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Meyowling." I like that.

Too lazy to sign in,
LT