Thursday, January 24, 2008

My "To Do" List from HELL

I am old school. I keep a weekly/daily "To Do" list at work on a sheet of paper with little lines next to the item where I can put an "X" mark when I complete whatever it is that needs to be done. Occasionally I also use the "Tasks" function in Outlook, but mostly, it's pen and paper.

Right now, I have an entire legal sheet's worth of "To Dos" to be done, and it just keeps coming and the list just gets longer. I have NO idea what's up with the universe right now, but it's not cutting me one bit of slack at work.

I've taken to blocking out chunks of time on my damn Outlook calendar that are called "DO NOT SCHEDULE; WORK TIME" so that I don't get sucked into another relentless meeting.

Oh yeah...and I have a wedding and honeymoon to plan.

My stomach is in knots and I'm having muscle spasms in my back. Stress much?

4 comments:

amamgets said...

Okay so my comments just went 'poof' -- but if not ignore the first set, as I'm reposting:

WTF??? Granted I fell off the earth, but wedding and honeymoon? This is you you're planning for, yes?

Holy moly. Sorry about the to-do graw-doo, but I'm no help there. My to-do list is actually a to-do pile.

So my big news is -- I got a puppy for Christmas. :-)
go see: http://lifeitself.wordpress.com/

Hecticmom Undone said...

*laugh* You know it's REALLY bad when you put something on your to-do list that you have already done, just so you can cross it off. Yeah - I've done that.. Today...

I have also tried EVERY SINGLE MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER TO DO LIST AUTOMATION available. Nothing works like standard pad and paper. And you are right - legal pads are the best.

You also know it's too long when you've had the same things to do on your list for the past month. Those can just come off, because for me, I'm just not going to do them.

But - From one to-do lister to another - good luck

hotpinksox said...

Damn girl, good thing it's Friday.

I keep a paper to do list also. I like x-ing off stuff. I feel like I got something done. I have been known to write on my list something I have already done, just so I can mark it off. Sort of like getting my list of to a good start, or something.

Jaye Joseph said...

Have you ever thought of getting a BlackBerry?