Thursday, June 28, 2007

Well, she finally took the plunge.

Remember many, many moons ago when I freaked out because I thought my mom had gone insane because she'd joined a drillteam for old Republican ladies called The Plungettes? Well, turns out she DIDN'T actually join them then. Instead, she just hung out with one of her "friends" (who she bitches about constantly because this friend is certifiable, mind you) who's a Plungette at some Plungette events. I was relieved that my mom hadn't totally gone off the deep end. I was relieved, that is, until earlier this week when she informed me that not only has she joined, she'll be picking up her plunger and marching in a Hill Country 4th of July Parade in all of her Plungette glory.

You know, something along the lines of this...

I'm secretly hoping this deluge of rain continues so that the parade gets cancelled.


Holyfuckingshit, ya'll. My mom's a fucking Plungette.

5 comments:

Bookhart said...

My mom's a member of the "Krewe of Kazoo" that marches annually in the St. Patricks' Day parade in Mihhihhippi (you know, the one with the Sweet Potato Queens). Last year's dress theme was something relating to streetwalking.

I empathize.

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha. Whew...I really needed that laugh. Not at your expense of course. But really, to "promote the Republican party" with plungers is really quite apt, don't you think? We could use a giant plunger in the White House now.

SUS said...

You know, aside from the evil Republican agenda, I can see the appeal of the weekly practice sessions and the comraderie, especially since your mom is new to town. But yeah, I don't get it.

Karla said...

when the republican shit storm happens i hope they have all those plungers ready to save the country from the sewage.....

La Turista said...

Please tell me you'll be taking pictures. Or video!