Thursday, June 14, 2007

Further proof that I never throw anything away:

This entry could also be titled, "Maybe I should throw some shit away."

Case(s) in point:

The mold made of my teeth when I was getting braces...in 1983.

Merit badges I earned as a Bluebird (circa late 1970s). One was for swimming, and I think the other one was for raising chickens or for my falconer skills. At least that's what it looks like.


These horrifyingly ugly earrings from Pier 1 (remember when they used to sell jewelry?) given to me by my aunt (mid-1990s).


This kick ass button drawn my me and made by me with a friend's button maker. Hopefully it was never actually WORN by me, but I can't be too sure (mid-80s).
A pin (one of a series) that was ordered by me and my friend Lori Williams in 9th grade. We sent off for them from an ad in the back of "Rolling Stone." Lori was OBSESSED--and I mean it--with Huey Lewis, and so she got an "I (heart) Huey" pin and I got this one that reads, "I (heart) The News." I also had one that read, "I (heart) Eddie Money." What a fucking DORK, ya'll!


This little dude in an outhouse. You put water in the base, then you open the outhouse door, and the little dude turns around and pees on you. Yuk yuk yuk and hardee har her!


Wait a second. That's actually pretty cool.

But seriously, I need professional help. I must rid myself of some of the clutter in my life. This has gotten pretty ridiculous. I'm totally turning in to my mom...

6 comments:

Badger said...

Dude! I had one of those "I [heart]" pins, too! It had my college boyfriend's name on it. Which is only SLIGHTLY less dorky than "I [heart] The News".

I would totally keep the teeth. And the peeing thing.

Jaye Joseph said...

I had an I [heart] Patrick pin. He was the boy I wanted to be my boyfriend, but I don't think that he ever actually was. No, I think that award went to Greg that year. He's the one who dedicated Candy Girl to me on the radio.

Ahhhhh, young love.

(My pin was ceramic, shaped like a heart, and had a rainbow on it.)

La Turista said...

Got the teeth (two sets, actually!) and the merit badges and the random buttons. Now to find my "Peeing Guy in Outhouse."

Bookhart said...

Here's why you must save it all so that Gracelyn can go through it all when she is a teenager--those Pier One earrings will totally be in style again when she is 15.

Karla said...

I like to say that I toss things fairly regularly, but I would be LYING.
The other day? I wore a pair of shoes i got in 1985.....

mama herbivore said...

okay. i have my teeth like that, too! and i think i may have even moved more times than YOU. when i saw yours, i had this feeling that i'd recently maybe thrown them away (which i may have) and that OH NO! i never should have thrown them away, see, marla still has hers! i'm just as sick as you. xoxoxox