Thursday, May 24, 2007

Schtuff.

I've had these photos sitting on my laptop for some time, and in an effort to clean out my virtual closet, I thought I'd toss them into the Recycle Bin. But not until I shared them with you, Internets.

1) Jesus Purse

Yep, there's nothing that says you've got a deep personal relationship with Christ like carrying a horribly ugly purse with "I Believe in Jesus" written on it along with images of He Himself on the cross. Tasteful, no? This was spotted on a Sunday afternoon (suprise!) in a line waiting to be seated at the Cotton Patch Cafe (you don't say!) in Corsicana, Texas (no way!).

2. Tiddies
Does anyone remember these godawful shoes from the 80s? They were actually called "Tiddies" and had an image of two big boobs on them. Ahh...the 80s. These almost make Crocs look cool.

3. Tribute

Promise me, that when I kick the bucket, you won't pay tribute to me by putting "In Loving Memory/Karla May/Date of Death/My Internet Buddy" on the back window of your Caddy. Thanks. This was taken on HWY 259 in Kilgore, TX, by the way, on the way to my Aunt Mary Lois and Uncle Ray's house.

4. Busted


This is what happens when you run through one of the new Austin-area road tollbooths without, you know, paying. They hunt your ass down and mail you a bill. Bastards.

2 comments:

Karla said...

it's images like that that make me wanna come home. Gotta love the wierdness of Texas!

La Turista said...

OK - but did you wear the Tiddies the cool way, with the back strap over the top of your foot? Because you were 'posed to.

And those tributes are all over SA, homes. With gang codes and everything. Recognize.