Thursday, June 10, 2010


My last post was on June freakin' first?! Wow. That's lame. Even for me. But the truth of the matter is I have been one BUSY lady. Between work being cranked up to eleven and having to do the childcare mambo during the week-and-a-half between school's end and the beginning of The Geej's first summer day camp, I've been running around like the proverbial recently headless chicken.

So here are a bit of the recent haps:

My baby is officially not a kindergartner any more. I haven't fully wrapped my head around this fact, due in large part to the fact that she's going to be attending a 6 wk. day camp at the school she just "graduated" from starting Monday. So yes, she's done with kindergarten, but she's not finished attending her old school yet. Which is JUST FINE, mind you. I'm not nearly as ready for her to start first grade as she is. It's going to be a big adjustment for the both of us, but I may be the one who freaks out the most. We'll see...

Speaking of The Geej, I'm trying to figure out what to do to celebrate her big SIXTH birthday that'll be coming up at the end of July. She's requested a "bouncy house waterslide" party, which is possible (I think), but now I'm wondering if a surprise trip to San Diego/Legoland might be a bigger hit. Hmmm...

If we DO do the San Diego thing, then it means I won't be able to do a girls' weekend with some old friends like I did last year, and that would sort of suck.

Other news--

So far this new thyroid hormone replacement prescription seems to be working MUCH better than my previous dosage. Thank GOD! I'm not at 100%, but I'm far better than I was when I wrote my last post.

If you've seen me recently, then you know how HORRIBLE my roots are. I've gone longer between a haircut/highlight this go 'round than I have in, well, forever, and the results are downright fugly. So now that my roots are (literally) at least 3 " long, I'm thinking of telling my hairdresser I want to try my natural color with just a few highlights around the face. Mind you, my natural color at this point is probably 30% gray, so when I say "natural" I'm actually talking about the color that makes up the other 70% of my root color: a gloriously boring dishwater blondish brown. Sounds sexy, no? But hey, I need to face the fact that I just don't have the time, money or physique to pull off the "No seriously, I AM this blonde" look anymore.

Next thing you know, I'm going to purchase a monagrammed, Bedazzled fanny pack and some denim capri pants with an elastic waistband.

I SWEAR I have more to write about, but I'm just too tired to do so this evening. So, until later...

No comments: