Monday, November 19, 2007

Seriously?

So, y'all know where I work, right? Been here for eight years. And the 20% discount I get shopping here has been awesome when it comes to trying to put good, wholesome things into the mouth of the Geej. And I do try very hard to do just that. I'm not perfect, but I do what I can when I can.

And y'all also know how much I fucking LOATHE this place, right?

So what universe is my mom living in that she thinks it's okay to a) buy these as breakfast food for a three year old (that's W-Mart's private label brand, dontcha know)

and b) thinks that it's cool to bring this garbage into my house and put it in my pantry?

Please look at the ingredients: 3 out of the top 4 ingredients are sugar: Corn syrup, Sugar, and high fructose corn syrup! And please look at all of the dyes and other chemicals that it takes to make these things. The Geej calls them "The sparkly things," as in "I want the sparkly things for breakfast."

I opened the box and immediately threw away 3 of the 4 foil packages inside and told Geej that--oops!--they must've messed up at the factory and forgot to fill the box.

I try not to be a food snob--especially about the stuff I eat. But then again, I'm an adult and can make my own decisions, good or bad. The Geej is a wee one, and counts on me to make good decisions for her. I think I made a good decision when I threw the majority of this stuff in the trash.

No comments: