Friday, November 23, 2007

Buuuuuuuuuuuuurp!

Thanksgiving has got to be my most favoritest holiday. It's about food and friends and family, and what could be better than that?

I hosted a low-key potluck Thanksgiving for a few friends. Tuesday night Mr. W and I did all our shopping. Wednesday night, we prepped and cut and mixed, getting everything ready to cook. Thursday morning we put the squash in the slow cooker and went and picked up our smoked turkey at Hoover's. The friends started showing up around 2:30. I pulled out all of the appetizers--including the tomatoes rockafeller and the sundried tomato mozzarella skewers. We sat down to eat around 4:45. We went around the table and all said what we are thankful for. Geej said she's thankful for candy. What a surprise, no?I hadn't really eaten anything all day (except for a plate of appetizers), so about 15 minutes after we sat down to eat, my plate looked like this.

It was fun, and the food (except for the roasted potatoes I made, which were undercooked) was AMAZING.

Appetizers:
Marinated mushrooms
Celery/Carrots with veggie dip and hummus
Mozzarella skewers
Tomatoes rockafeller
Citrus stuffed olives
Cream cheese with Pick-a-pepper sauce
Dried cranberries and cherries
Manchego, Goat blue cheese, and White cheddar with cranberries
Assorted crackers
Dinner:
Smoked turkey
Chipotle sweet potatoes
Vegan veggie tart
Cornbread dressing
Artichoke spinach casserole
Mac and cheese
Dijon roasted potatoes
Braised acorn squash
Whole wheat rolls
Cranberry sauce
Mushroom gravy
Dessert:
Pumpkin pie
Rhubarb pie (First time I've ever had rhubarb...OMFG YUM!!)
Taaaaaaaaaaaaasty!
Sent everyone home with leftovers and still had plenty left for ourselves.
Man, I love Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Karla said...

OK? So kind of hate you right now.

Yesterday I had a chicken tikka sandwich for dinner and a salad and hard boiled egg for lunch.

I miss Thanksgiving.