Thursday, September 08, 2005

Things I love (a short list)

Just some things (not people, but acutal things/places) that I love that I would be very sad about if they happened to disappear:

1) The Tom Kha soup at Madam Mam's. With tofu. Fucking amazing. So much so that I've never ever ordered anything else off the menu there.
2) Green pepper Tabasco sauce. It literally goes on everything. Popcorn? Why, yes. Boca fake chicken nuggets? But of course! It's amazing in its sheer versatility. And I'd better stock up on it because I bet the Tabasco facility took a hit with Katrina. Damn hurricane...
3) La Croix water. In the can. Lemon flavor.
4) Randall's brand scoopable cat litter. I hate Randall's but their cat litter rules.
5) Huggies. I find them better than Pampers or Luvs. And don't even get me started on the Target brand diapers. They suck BIG time.
6) KMS "turnstylr" back to life revival creme. It's a very light, clean smelling after-shampoo leave-in conditioner for your hair. It's great for people who dye their hair because it doesn't strip the dye like shampoo-in conditioners. And it doesn't weigh your hair down and make it look oily. It's just right.
7) L'Occitane "Linden" Eau de Toilette. I don't like perfume, on myself or on others. But this stuff is just subtle enough that I love it. And of course, they've stopped making it.
8) The Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil facial products. I've been using them exclusively to clean my face for at least 8 years now, and my skin loves me for it.
9) Nature's Gate vitamin E oil. I go to sleep with it under my eyes, on my forehead and on my lips. And I swear, I look 27. (Not really, but I think it works pretty well in the whole "wrinkle prevention" category and costs a whole lot less than that Clinque stuff you get at the mall.)
10) Dove "Defined Texture Molding Cream" for hair. Cheap, smells good, works.
11) Mister Car Wash on Burnet. They do a hell of a job for the dough, and they're nice to boot.
12) Daya. Nice but not snobby. The best hot stone massage ever. Ask for Adrian.
13) Pure Luck Farms goat cheese. Made in Dripping Springs my the happiest, cutest goats on the planet. This stuff is so good, that if I could shoot it into my veins, I probably would.
14) Silk chocolate soy milk. I don't even like real milk. But this stuff is so yummy, I have a glass of it at night for "dessert."
15) The Maida's Salad with chicken fajita meat at Maudie's on S. Lamar. I have dreams about this damn salad sometimes. It calls to me, and I must go to it.

2 comments:

Karla said...

I wanna come hoooome now!

Badger said...

You do TOO look 27. I may have to get me some of that Tea Tree and vitamin E crappe.

When my kids were in diapers, Huggies sucked. Luvs were the only ones they didn't blow right through, which was good because they were cheap. But they have all this new diaper technology now, man. It's a different world. And my youngest has only been out of diapers for 4 years!