Sunday, September 18, 2005

Problem solved?

Remember a few posts back when I was bemoaning the fact that I'd fallen out of love with my VW wagon since Gracelyn's arrival, primarily because it had suddenly become a) way too small and b) too low?

Well, yesterday I went out to run some errands and, lo and behold, ended up trading in my car on a 2003 Nissan Murano. I really like it. It's higher (which makes getting The Geej in and out of her carseat a breeze), but not a big, behemoth SUV. It gets the same gas mileage as the Jetta, rides like a car, and doesn't require premium gas (like the V6 Jetta did). I negotiated with the salesman until I got it to where I would be making the same monthly payments that I was making on the VW.

All of that is the upside.

On the downside: The Jetta was just over 1/2 way paid off. Now I've got 60 months to go... Hi-diddly-dee, a debtor's life for me.

1 comment:

Karla said...

Dude, and you just went out to buy milk?

What happens when you go shopping for the expensive stuff?

Congrats....

I'm in the process of selling my Subaru now, and the dealer is ripping me off!