Thursday, September 15, 2005

I may be too old to rock.

Last night I got a babysitter ($60) and went to the Weezer/Foo Fighters show ($50). The show was fun and loud. The Foo Fighters looked like they were having a blast and like they really, really enjoy rocking out hardcore. But here's the deal: I'm exhausted. I got home about 11:45, took a shower, etc., and didn't get to bed until after 1:00am. On a school night, mind you. Also, there was all the jumping around and screaming and head banging and "hoisting the horns" that I was doing during the show. I walked out of the Erwin center with a sore throat, blisters on my feet, and ringing in my ears. The whole thing just kicked my ass--financially and physically. What a fucking wuss.

I will say this however: I am so in love with Dave Grohl, it's not even funny. I have been enamored of him for a while, but my love has peaked over the past few years. He's just getting hotter as the years roll by. I mean, in Nirvana? Not so cute. Now? SMOKIN' HOT. And funny. And talented. And smart. And a smart ass. Sigh. I think Dave has eclipsed Jon Stewart as my #1 dreamboat.
Last night, he totally railed on that "blonde slut from the Real World--Austin." He kept calling her a hooker, and saying that, if he bought her a few shots, he could "bang it." He even dedicated a song to her. What's not to love?

1 comment:

Karla said...

You. Are. Never. Too. Old. To. RAWK!!!!!

Just don't head bang for more than two or three beats. Otherwise your neck kills next day. Oy vey.

Oh and drink lots of water. And take your vitamins.

But then? WOOO!!!! ROCK N ROLL!!!!