Monday, June 27, 2005

Ya gotta love the web...

I am beginning to remind myself more and more of Trudy Weigel from "Reno 911." That cat-lovin', unstable nutcase would love to spend some time here. I mean really, who's to say which kitten is cuter? All kittens are cute in their own way, no? Jesus. I spent 35 minutes of my life tonight clicking through and "voting." 35 minutes!!! Of my precious time!! And I kept catching myself arguing in my head, "Well Pookie's is damn cute, but Luna has those eyes...Luna wins!" What in the Hell is wrong with me?! (Don't answer that. It's rhetorical.)

In other news...It hasn't rained in Austin in...I dunno...FOR-FREAKIN-EVER!! What I wouldn't give for a couple of good, soaking storms right now. Everything is getting brittle and burned up. It's just depressing. This always happens in Austin (except for last summer, which was nice and rain-filled), but it usually waits until late July or August. I remember one time in the early 90s, it went for 64 days without rain here. All of the leaves were falling off the trees. All of my dreams had started to feature immense downpours. It was miserable. My roommate and I bought our "rainy day 12-pack" of Coors Light and vowed that when it rained, we were going to sit on our front porch and drink it. (As if we needed another excuse to pound 6 beers a piece...) I'm contemplating purchasing a rainy day six pack for myself now, but somehow I don't think it fits as well into my plans. But I still wish it would rain.

Also, Mr. Mumbly has resurfaced. In fact, he says he's coming by tomorrow evening for a visit. And my mom's still here. Should be interesting. I'll let you know how it goes.

For now, it's bedtime. Maybe I'll dream about rain.

2 comments:

Karla said...

Look at it this way: If Mr. Mumbly is not scared off by the cats, the kid and the mom, he's a keeper.....
6 pack is on me when I come to Austin.

GoingLoopy said...

If you're all worried about 35 minutes...I shudder to reveal the amount of time I have spent on KittenWar today. And you should check out www.catster.com...Earl can have his OWN BLOG.