Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Katie and Tom, 2 gether, 4 ever.

I am going to barf all over my Trapper Keeper if I hear another goddamned word about that stupid "Dawson's Creek" chick and "The Last Samurai."

When I was in junior high, I got one of those cheap ass photo albums with the peel back plastic and the sticky pages, and I wrote on the front of it in paint penned bubble letters, "HOT GUYS!!" In it, I would put pictures I cut out of magazines of my favorite hotties of the day. Bono filled most of the pages, but there were random stars of film, t.v. and music scattered throughout. (I would give anything to find this book, by the way. I'm sure it's hilarious...) And yes, Tom Cruise was in there. This was in his "Risky Business," "All the Right Moves," era. He was a bit pudgy, very young and still had his crooked teeth. And the world still hadn't figured out just exactly how short he was. I'm not sure why I thought he was hot, but he made it into the book. (Then again, so did the dirt leg guitarist from Def Leppard, so my taste wasn't all that great... )But somewhere between then and now, I have grown to LOATHE him. Exactly when and why this happened, I don't know. But he bugs the ever lovin' shit out of me. And now add this totally bullshit relationship and all of the press hoopla into the mix, and I seriously want to punch somebody. Um...you don't think the fact that they both have big movies coming out this summer within weeks of each other has anything to do with this very PR-friendly pairing, do you? And who on this planet HASN'T heard the "Tom Cruise is gay" rumors? I mean, where there's smoke, there's fire is all I'm saying...

2 comments:

Karla said...

It's annoying, isn't it? Yuch.
I mean, come on, BEARD! She's his BEARD!
How much you wanna bet she will become "Kate" in a year or so, as befits her new, grown up star status?

Bookhart said...

I'm still not entirely sure who she is, but this is definitely a good p.r. move for.

I'm just not that into him. Feh.