Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Things I've Never Done (with comments)

I refuse to call this a bucket list, despite the fact that yesterday was my 43rd (FORTYFUCKINGTHIRD!!) birthday. These are simply things that I hope to do...at some point...in no particular order...before I croak.

  • Perform a stand-up comedy set--THAT KILLS--in front of a live audience.
  • Snorkel in a coral reef.
  • Hold a baby sloth.
  • Go to a silent meditation retreat.
  • See an opera.
  • Attend an SNL performance.
  • Spend a week volunteering at a service dog training center.
  • Go sailing.
  • Learn how to dance with a partner.
  • Really connect with my step sons.
  • Go to Estonia and Maldives.
  • Join a choir.
  • Finish my memoir/Become a published author.
  • Wear a size 10 again.
  • Attend a Texas Rangers playoff game.
  • Dye my hair red. Again.
  • See all those movies I should've seen but haven't (e.g. Citizen Kane, It's A Wonderful Life, Gone With the Wind, Raging Bull, etc.)
  • Get a radical, professional makeover (e.g., "I'm a frumpy flabby 40-something working mom and I want to be a 50s pinup girl!").
  • Re-learn to read music.
  • Be able to handle stress in a healthy way.
  • See PJ Harvey live.
  • Become my daughter's hero.

2 comments:

Karla said...

SLOTH!!!! BABY SLOTH!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You are already your daughter's hero.