- WEIGHT GAIN! Been going to the gym regularly since February, and haven't shed a pound. In fact, I've GAINED 5 lbs., so WTF?!
- INSOMNIA!! I'm not sleeping for shit. I tend to fall asleep, no problemo, but then I wake up--ZING!--at about 2:30am and can't get back to sleep. This happens at least three times a week, which leads me to my next issue...
- FATIGUE! Like utter exhaustion type fatigue. And not just physically, mentally as well.
- IRRATIONAL ANGER AND FRUSTRATION! You know how sometimes people describe their tempers as having "a short fuse"? Well, I'd describe mine these days as having NO fuse. At all. And I don't even want to describe how this lovely issue manifests itself in my day-to-day because it ain't purty.
- INSANELY DRY/ASHY SKIN AND HAIR LOSS! I don't think I need to really go into detail about this.
- HIGHLY IRRITABLE DIGESTIVE SYSTEM! Again, no details about this one. You're welcome.
- AND THE CRYING!! That's right: I'll just be sitting at my desk at work, and all of the sudden, I've got tears streaming down my face. Reason? You tell me and we'll both know.
Appealing, no?If I hadn't already had all my girly parts yanked a couple of years ago, I would suspect I was beginning the fun process of going through The Change. But I've been there and done that. Twice. (Long story.) So I'm suspecting it's my meds that I'm on--the hormones, the antidepressant/anti-anxiety meds, and the high blood pressure meds. All I know is I don't feel like Karla May, and I haven't in a month of Sundays. In fact, I've felt like I've been teetering on the edge of some kind of major implosion for a while now. And it's not because I'm unhappy. I'm pretty damn happy, actually. Things are great at home and getting better at work (after a fairly rough year). So what the HELL is up, people?! Anyone have any theories?