Friday, December 21, 2007

It certainly doesn't FEEL like Christmas.

It's 74 degrees right now. I'm not complaining, mind you. It's lovely outside. But it's just hard to get into the yuletide spirit when you could be wearing shorts. I'm just sayin'...

After two nights of wrapping, ribboning, and labeling, our tree finally has presents under it. It looks so nice! And Earl's trying to find another favorite spot to rest his substantial chubbiness.

I've really only got one more item I've got to buy--for my mom--and then some little things for the stockings, and I'm DONE! I really can't believe it. It's been a pretty stress-free shopping season, thanks to the internet. Seriously. It's the working woman's best friend.

Let's see, since I haven't done a "real" post in a while, let me catch y'all up:

My first ever Christmas cookie making/decorating session started out well.


However, one whole pan of cookies got burnt.


Really burnt. And I don't know how it happened, either. They were on the same rack, in the same oven for the same amount of time as the other cookies (that did NOT get burnt, and were actually quite yummy). The pan must suck. I don't know, because I DON'T BAKE, and this is just one reason why.

We're going to try again on Christmas eve...you know, to make cookies for Santa. I heard Santa also enjoys martinis...

Something that worked out FAR better was Pajama Day last Friday at The Geej's school. They got to wear pajamas to school (duh) and make "gingerbread" houses and watch a holiday movie in the gym. The day was perfect for it--cold and drizzly. I was totally jealous. And Geej, being the candy FREAK that she is could barely wait to get home to start eating her house. She did a pretty nice job decorating. But that didn't stop her from chowing down on it. Last weekend was BH's work Christmas party. It was at one of their facilities near the cute little town of Mason, TX--about 2+ hours from Austin. The drive was nice, and once we were there, the property was lovely.Seems some rich old dude donated this 8,600 acre plot of land to BH's state agency about 10 years ago. Now its used for managed wildlife hunts, hence this sign. You'll be happy to know, we turned left, not right. Getting to meet BH's workmates was nice. They all seem like very nice, down-to-earth people--the exact kind of people you'd imagine working in land and wildlife conservation management.

Finally, I'll leave you with this recent discovery: When it's really chilly outside, Earl is not only a loving, sweet cat. He's also a warm fur stole!
Tres elegante!

No comments: