Thursday, March 15, 2007

Again with the randomness (but with LOTS of photos!).

Ya'll.


From the bottom of my heart, I'm sorry.


I've been so busy that I honestly want to sit down and have a good old fashioned cry. You know the kind of cry that you have and then, at the end, you feel like a wrung out washcloth and all you want to do is crawl in the bed and sleep for twelve hours. That's me. Right now.


Work + spring break + no child care= asskickingham.


So Monday, I worked and Saint Dah took care of the Geej.


Tuesday, I went to IKEA and bought a new desk some drawers to go with the desk, a new toy chest for The Geej, a tea set, new forks, spoons, plates, knives and bowls for The Geej, a new comforter, comforter cover and pillow for the Geej's someday coming twin bed, a HUGE metal bowl in which I will someday toss the best salad ever, an insanely cute lampshade for a lamp in The Geej's room, an even more insanely cute wall lamp that looks like a big flower for her room, a shower curtain (I've since decided I don't want), and some other stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting at the moment. After IKEA, I went and fetched the Geej and we had a perfectly nice evening together. I guess the highlight of the evening was putting Princess Apricot into the hamster ball and letting her roll around the house. SO flipping funny. I thought Earl's head was going to explode. Yep you read that right: the hamster ball was the highlight of my night.


We (that is, The Geej and I) then spent a lovely Wednesday together which included a trip of to my office to see her legions of fans and a loooooooooong trip to the grocery store followed by an even longer nap. Then the big excitement: Geej's boyfriend (and Malcontent Mama's progeny, Anderson) came to spend the night!! Slumber party!! Those two had SO much fun chasing each other and squealing and whatnot. It was Adorablefest 2007 over here. (My mom was thankfully here to lend a hand, however, because no matter how cute they are, two 2-year olds are still quite a bit of work.) After they went to sleep mom and I built the IKEA toy chest and desk. (I also decided I really don't want/need the drawers, so there's another thing I've got to take back to freakin' Round Rock. Grrr...)

Today I was slammed at work from the word go. Not only was I catching up after two days off, I had our weekly team meeting and a big presentation to prepare for. But guess what: at about 2:00 my right eye started freakingthefuck out. It was as if I'd put a few dashes of Tabasco in it. It was killing me and watering and I couldn't figure out why. I took my contact out, and couldn't see anything on it or any tears. But I was going nuts. And I had SO much work to do, but I couldn't see a damn thing. So I went home, driving with one eye closed, mind you, and took the DEVIL contact out. Soon thereafter, La Turista and her lovely husband T-bone picked my bespectacled ass up and we went here to see these dudes. Holy crap, they're a talented lot. It was a whole sweaty lot of fun.

Oh, I forgot to mention that in addition to Adorablefest '07, there's also this other festival in town right now. Anyway all it really means is that:

  • There are a lot of people walking around town trying to look cool while really just looking lost
  • There is a LOT of free music and really cool shit going on around town that makes you want to play hookie
  • Especially when it's sunny and 73 degrees outside
  • There is an abnormally large number of Japanese people in Whole Foods looking very confused and buying shitloads of groceries that the then schlep out to the corner while trying to hail a cab (Austin isn't really a "hail a cab" kind of town...especially not at 2pm)

Later we went and ate Mexican food and then crossed the street to the Johnny Cash-themed bar to hang out in the amazing weather and have a cerveza and a michelada or two.

All of this and still home by 9:00pm.

Oh, and did I mention this?
Fuck yes, people! That's a ceiling fan! On my deck!! Yee haw!!! That's been sitting in a box in my garage since last summer. See, I had big plans to get the electricity wired out there and get it hung, but never had the funds or the time to do so. But I decided to put some of my tax refund toward some electrical improvements to La Casa, including this, a new outlet in the entryway (it's always bugged me that there wasn't one there) and a light in the pantry. Yay!!

Next up: wood blinds in the kitchen window (the only window in the house that DOESN'T have wood blinds, and instead has this skanky looking dirty ass honeycomb blind thing. U-g-l-y).

Okay, even thought it FEELS like Friday, I know it's only Thursday, so it's time to shut 'er down and hit the hay.

Mo later, freaks.

2 comments:

La Turista said...

I heart Big Sandy. And Bob Odenkirk. And YOU, ya big freak.

Badger said...

Okay, but you KNOW people in Round Rock. People who could meet you for lunch or something while you're up here returning things. I'm just sayin'.