Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Death to "Dora the Explorer!"

I've discovered Noggin. Or rather, I've resorted to Noggin a few times. Yes, I am weak.

Noggin is a commercial-free t.v. station that bills itself as "Preschool on you T.V." And I must say, some of the programming is quite good. But this Dora? What IS the appeal? I know she's enormously popular...she's a Latina girl...exploring...and all of that's great. But really, she and that monkey "Boots" and her backpack (cleverly named "Backpack") are annoying as hell, and their adventures? Today they went on a quest for ice cream to "Coney Island." Lame-o-la.

Yes, T.V. is going to be a part of Gracelyn's life. Not a big part mind you, but a part. I have vowed, however, that as long as I can manage it, she will NOT watch anime, listen to crappy music (like The Wiggles or some such shit), or watch any truly lame children's programming. So for now, Dora's outta there.

1 comment:

Bookhart said...

Dora, Dora, Dora the Explorer!

Personally, I'm down wit' Dora. Wonder Boy mis-heard the name "Swiper" and would yell, "Swifer! No swifing!" whenever the fox came on. So maybe that makes me a little bit biased.

Now Thomas the Tank Engine? Makes my skin crawl. Actually threw our one video away one day when Wonder Boy was not looking.