Thursday, December 09, 2004

A dollar a day keeps the creditors away.

Since February, I have been prudently saving dollar bills. Everytime I'd pay cash for something, if I received dollar bills as change, it squirrel them away in my wallet, and then stash them in a drawer when I got home. At the end of each month, I'd grab my stack of bills, put them in an envelope and label it with "April" or whatever the month happened to be. Why was I going to all this trouble, you ask? Well, the plan was to do this for a year (through the end of January), and then reward myself by purchasing an iPod. The amount I'd been able to save would determine whether I'd be getting an iPod mini, or the 20GB, 40GB or 60GB model.
Last night I went to the Apple store and bought a 40GB iPod, a carrying case and the 2 yr. protection plan. It added up to $528. I went home and opened up all of my monthly envelopes and the dollars added up to $530. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

1 comment:

Karla said...

Um...which drawer would that be, my dear? Just for curiosity's sake...next time I visit, I would want to make sure it was all safe, you understand.
Seriously.... good on you! iPod for your long upcoming trip I guess? Start downloading now!

My mom did that same thing, but saved all her change, over $800 in a year, and bought herself a sofa. Maybe i should do that, too? Buy myself a trip to Austin.