Tuesday, January 09, 2007

It was just one of those moments...

Tonight after getting The Geej out of the bathtub, she did her nightly wet streaking run around the house as I waited patiently for her on her bedroom floor, footie pajamas in hand. Usually, this run lasts a couple of minutes and includes jubilant shouts of, "I'm NEKKID!!" and "Look at my PEACHES!!" But tonight, it was cut a tad short as she came into the room, purple lipped and goose-bumped proclaiming, "Mommy it's COLD!" So I says to the kid, I says, "Well, honey, let's put on your jays," ('cause that's what we call her P.J.s because we're street like that). And she just started spazzing completely out and giggling. I said, "What are you DOING?!" To which she stopped and replied (as if I were dain bramaged), "I'm shaking my booty!!"

The girl just kills me sometimes.

Oh, and apparently her grandmother taught her to say, "Look at that HOTTIE!!" every time she sees someone on a motorcycle.

Sigh.

1 comment:

Karla said...

dude, that's TOTALLY my bed time routine, too. I run around the house nekkid shouting "look at my peaches" and then I shake my booty.

I think the neighbors are fond of it.