Thursday, January 18, 2007

Great Thaw '07

I did manage to escape the house yesterday--however briefly--and traveled downtown to pick up some bills from my desk that were in dire need of mailing. Then The Geej and I met Jaye at Maudie's and toasted Ice Storm '07 with Bloody Marys over our lunch. Man, it was good to have a face-to-face conversation with an adult. The Geej was an angel--SO good and sweet. I think she was just as happy to be out of the house as I was. She wore her big girl panties all day yesterday (except for naptime) and did just great. Her school is opening at 10:30am today, and I'm sending her to school in panties instead of a pull-up. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

After dropping her off, then the frenzy really begins. I'm running back here and picking up this disaster area of a house of mine and packing to go to Colorado. Mom's coming to take me to the airport (and later, pick Geej up from school). God bless her. I'm so broke that saving the money on parking is a godsend.

Mr. Wonderful and I are staying in Denver tonight rather than driving all the way out to his corner of the state. He's being all secretive...won't tell me where we're staying or what he's got planned. I'm curious, but I'm not really worried. I'd have a fun time with him even if we were sitting at a drive through line at the bank. I love that guy...

Take care, Internets. And enjoy the the thaw.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In which corner of the state does Mr Wonderful live? My sister and bro-in-law live in the SW corner, in Ouray, CO.

Have a lovely time!

Anonymous said...

I hope you and MW are all cozied up snug. Have a great weekend--

Anonymous said...

karla may -

nothing really to do with this particular post, but i just wanted to comment on how much i have enjoyed spending the better part of an hour reading your blog.

i came upon somewhat randomly, doing a google search for "my kid keeps losing her hat and mittens" hoping to find some new commercially successful gadget that prevents this age-old situation from happening. (i think the post about you getting your daughter new hat and mittens created the link to your site) we live in maine, so the hat/mitten thing is a given every winter and i usually just end up buying mounds of stuff each year.

and although i've found nothing at all to do with the original topic i set out to find, i've thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts. great voice, great sense of humor, and excellent writing style. and because i have a young(er) daughter too, a lot of the stuff i related to and it brought back memories...like how do you get that elmo's world song out of your head anyway? stuff like that...

anyway, like i said, extraneous, off topic comment here, but just wanted to say thanks for actually having a blog that makes sense and is a pleasure to read! now i guess i have to get back to actual work. :)

take care...