Sunday, January 07, 2007

Don't let the name fool you.

I'm not a big red wine drinker. Occasionally, I'll have a glass. Or maybe two if I really like it. But, for the most part, red wines just don't do it for me, and I don't really know why.

I have a little wine rack that has had about 5 bottles of red wine sitting in it the birthday party I threw for myself last year. That was last JANUARY, mind you. Well, last night I found myself craving a glass of red wine (which is an odd occurrence to begin with), so I just grabbed the first bottle that my hand hit. It was called Lengs & Cooter Victor Shiraz, 2003, South Austrailia. Personally, I don't think I ever would've bought a wine that had the word "cooter" on the label, but to whatever unknown party guest brought this bad boy into my life, can I just say, "Thank you." SO good. So smooth. Wow, what a wonderful, full, complex wine. I didn't just like it, I loved it. I had 2 glasses last night and then polished off the bottle tonight with my dinner. I highly, highly recommend it.

Speaking of wine, I got this catalogue in the mail yesterday, and I pretty much want everything in it. I've never been to the Napa Valley, but man I'd like to some day.

In other big news: I finally got all of my Christmas stuff taken down and put away this weekend. Everything that is except the damn tree. It's so big, I need help to get it taken down and shoved back in it's box. What in the hell was I thinking buying a 9' tree?

2 comments:

Badger said...

Ha! Yeah, I can't get my big-ass tree back in the box by myself either.

(Why does that sound like some sort of horrible euphemism for aging?)

Karla said...

Heh heh...only you would have a red wine called "cooter" and then love it.

And I am not EVEN gonna joke about not gettin' the tree in the box...

I'm feeling very Beavis and Butthead lately...huh huh.