Sunday, January 14, 2007

In which I am hemorraging money.

God, ya'll.

I finally went to my long-awaited appointment with the ear/nose/throat doctor on Friday to see about this damn TMJ that's killing me, and he basically said, "There's nothing I can do for you. Go see your dentist. That'll be $120 for the five minutes we just spent together." Fuckity-fuck-fuck. So it's back to eating handfuls of Advil until I can see a dentist who can--hopefully--help me get some relief.

That night, Jaye came over to hang out, and throughout the night, I kept noticing that every time I opened the fridge, it seemed to be getting less and less cold in there. Finally there was no denying that it had become room temperature in my refrigerator. Shit. The freezer was still working, but it was struggling at best. It rained HARD all night Friday night and most of the day on Saturday. I woke up and everything in my fridge had started to stink. I called a repairman thinking that there was no way I'd get someone to come out a) on a Saturday and b) in this craptacular weather. But they had a guy at my house by 12:30, and by 2:00, the fridge was fixed, and my wallet was about $300 lighter. Yay!

So today I had to go to the store to replace a lot of the stuff I ended up having to throw out due to the whole fridge debacle, and I get home and realize that they'd totally forgotten to put AN ENTIRE BAG worth of stuff that I'd bought/paid for back in my cart. And I didn't notice because I was dealing with a cranky 2 1/2 year old. And as pissed as that made me, do you really think I was going to load the baby back into the car, drive all the way back up there, fight for parking, unload her (in the cold rain, I might add), and then go try and find some customer service person to help me deal with this?

Grrr...

The only real bright spots in my weekend were the 2 time The Geej pooped on the potty. Yep, shit has become a "bright spot" for me. Try not to envy me too much.

3 comments:

Karla said...

Um...imagine how "bright" that "spot" would be if she DIDN'T poop in the potty?

ahem.

But yeah, tha sucks, especially fixing appliances that break. We paid over $300 to fix the stove in our house for the new tenants, when honestly, if I'd known it would be that much, I would have just bought a nice, new one. And YOU know how old that stove is.....

PS WHAT UP with the word vers? This one is wanhkma, which, sorry, is too close to "wank" for me not to giggle.

Anonymous said...

Hey man, our flat-panel HD TV fund (for Steven more than me) might become the cedar fence fund. Turns out the fence keeps blowing over (just behind the shed where we can't see it), thus giving George a pristine new shitting outlet---the neighbor's yard. We were wondering why it was taking him so long to return inside. Now we know. We figure this was his wardrobe to Narnia---a magical new world without dung piles. Steven keeps nailing the fence back up all Snuffy Smith-style, but it's not long for this world.

Anyway, fences are expensive yo!

mama herbivore said...

honestly, i'm very curious about this pooping in the potty thing. i don't know about your child, but my child's poops are not, ummm, solid. so cleaning that shit up from a little plastic potty doesn't really appeal. i'm thinking diapers until she can get a clean wipe on her own.
luv ya!