Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Hi, I can't sleep. How are you?

My interview/promotions process thing happens Tuesday afternoon, and I've been prepping for it since early June. Early JUNE, people!!

It's one of those things that you just spend too much time on, and then you can't stop thinking about it. I mean, I've worked my ass off on this thing, but I just KNOW there's going to be someone (or maybe more than one) on that panel who are going to roll their eyes and think I've missed something major or that I was too long-winded or not specific enough or something else crummy. I want to go in there and hit it out of the park, but I'm nervous as hell. Not because I don't think I deserve this. I do. It's just because standing before a group of your peers and company leadership and taking command of the room in a very intimidating prospect. My head is splitting in two, and my stomach is in knots. I just want the whole thing to be behind me so I can get on with it, you know?

One of Geej's favorite teachers is going to babysit for her tomorrow night so my mother and I can go out for a celebratory dinner somewhere really nice. I'll be lucky if I don't fall face down in my plate of food from the sheer exhaustion of it all.

Speaking of The Geej, we had our pre-visit at her new school this afternoon, and it went great. She seems to be getting the concept of saying good-bye to her old school and that she's going to be going to a new school with new teachers and friends, etc. At least in theory, she's getting it. I'm sure it'll be meltdown city next week when all of this becomes a reality. Oh, and I got to write a check for $1,170 today to the new school. My God, we're poor right now.

Work. The baby. Money.

I'm really beginning to sound like a broken freakin' record.

Know what I want to do? Sit by a pool, all day, with a good book, my iPod, some hardcore sunscreen, and someone bringing me frosty beverages all day long. Then, at the end of the day, I want to have one of those hot stone massages, and be poured into a comfy hotel bed in a quiet room with light eliminating curtains. Then I want to sleep for at least 12 hours and eventually wake up to a gourmet meal from room service. And when I check out of this hotel/resort, I want the manager to say, "That's okay, Karla May. There'll be no charge for your stay. We just appreciate your business, and you looked like you could really use the rest. Please come back and see us again soon."

6 comments:

Me said...

OMG, I totally understand. The daughter's dance tuition went up, she needs school clothes, and my car will probably need to be replaced within the next year.

Looking foward to your email...

-E the J :)

p.s.: just looked at my word verification, and it is (I shit you not!) fygly. Which is not quite fugly, but too damned close to not comment on that.

La Turista said...

If you start to lose them in the interview, flash your rack.

Millardman said...

Thinking good toughts right now!

Nap Queen said...

Sending happy vibes your way :)

Karla said...

That hotel room scenario sounds exactly like a stay at the four seasons. Maybe you should treat yourself. Though that end bit, with not paying...that won't happen.

major good luck and warm huggies sent your way...I know you'll kick ass.

GoingLoopy said...

Jules just forwarded the e-mail...congrats on getting the job! Hopefully there is a nice pay raise to go along with it, so you can make your relaxation dream a reality.