Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Woo Fucking Hoo!

That, my friends, is an empty bottle of good champagne. Someone gave it to me for my birthday back in January, and it's been sitting in my fridge, waiting for an occasion to pop the cork.

I finally had the occasion. Or rather several occasions to break open the bubbly:

I got the promotion. It comes with a nice raise.

Jaye got the news today that she's officially cancer free and (most likely) only has one more round of chemo.

And the Geej finally FINALLY ran through the sprinklers during waterplay at school today (after an entire HOT summer of trying to convince her that she shouldn't be afraid of the wah-doh).

It was a good day. I'm so fucking exhausted, I can't see straight. I am fantasizing about getting in my bed and passing the Hell out. My goal is night-night by 9:30.

More when I'm not feeling quite so catatonic.

12 comments:

La Turista said...

Congrats all around!

So, boss lady, who ya gonna can first?

Me said...

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Congratulations on a well-deserved promotion!

And yea, Geej!

Karla said...

That's AWESOME! I knew you'd get it. They'd be stupid not to.

You go GIRL!

So, next round is on you then?

Word verification is pintyt....pine tit?

Kelly R. said...

That's great news...all the way around! Congrats!

Badger said...

Yay!!! Yay yay yay! And yay some more!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I want to hear how the big presentation went, outside of the fact that it obviously worked! I'm having champagne for you right now. Yay! Love, Lane

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I want to hear how the presentation went, outside of the fact that it worked. I'm drinking champagne for you right now! Yay! Love, Lane

Millardman said...

Paid da cost to be da boss!
Way to go!

Me said...

Okay, I was just reading the comments on here and wasn't going to comment again, but I saw the word verification and had to. My word verification is "sqkcim."

Suck him? I know, it's a little bit of a stretch, but if you say it fast, it so works!

Sinda said...

Congratulations! It must feel great to know that all of that hard work paid off - you clearly deserve it!!

Nap Queen said...

YAY!!!!!! Congratulations you bad ass :)

Jaye Joseph said...

Oh please, don't can me. I just beat cancer. Plus, if you canned me, who would you boss around and force to look at trashy websites?

Holy crap, my word verification?
ixiqpepn

It looks longer down below.