Friday, January 07, 2011

Mojo Risin'

You know how it feels when you're inspired and "in the zone" and you're mental wheels are really turning and you feel like you're being listened to and maybe, just maybe, having a positive impact? Well, it's been a long time since I've felt this way at work, which has been hard for me. But over the past couple of weeks, that has started to change. I feel like I'm beginning to get my professional mojo back, and it feels pretty fucking good.

And you know all it took? Someone having confidence in me and listening to me and respecting my opinions and experience at this place. Someone treating me like I may actually have something valuable to add to the conversation. Someone trusting me.

It's a simple equation, really: If someone believes in the best me, then I am motivated to be the best me. Sounds cheesy, but it's true.

I'm hoping this isn't a honeymoon-period thing since it hasn't even been quite two months since my team's move to our new parent team. It certainly doesn't feel ephemeral, but I suppose time will tell. I am choosing to be positive about this and believe things have really turned a corner.

1 comment:

Lanita said...

Just keep putting it out there. I find this method is pretty powerful.