Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Summertime Rolls...

How in the hell are we more than 1/2 way through with July, people?! That means that 2010 is 1/2 way over and that I'm (almost) 41 and 1/2. 'Tis crazy indeed.

Had a great time in Florida. Wonderful weather, good friends, and lots of laughs. I even got some color on my so-white-it's-practically-translucent skin. In fact, my right armpit is peeling as we speak--sexxxy. The thing with those long weekend type of vacations is that just when you finally start to get really relaxed, it's time to go home. See this picture?

THAT is relaxed. I was the only one in Lane's fabulous pool, and I felt like I was being gently held up by some invisible hand. Ahhh...

And when I say "fabulous pool", I really mean it. LOOK at this thing!

Not shabby in the least.

My biggest news from my trip is that I got my nose pierced. I'd been thinking about doing it since I was in my 30s, but it never seemed to be the right time. However, July 17th in Ft. Myers seemed like the perfect time, so I went and got it done in between attending an opening at an art gallery and dinner. No big whoop. I didn't even flinch.
I like the way it looks, and so far, so good with the healing.

Unfortunately, I don't have enough time off in my "bank" to do the smart thing and take the day AFTER I get back from a trip off too--you know, to recuperate, do laundry, grocery shop, pay bills, etc. So after arriving in Austin at 7:45pm on Sunday evening--BOOM--I was back at work bright and early Monday morning. No, I wasn't very productive that day.

Now the big focus is The Geej. She has only two more days at her school, which is something I'm having a very hard time fathoming. Then she goes to spend most of next week with Dah. At the end of the week (on 7/30), the little turkey turns SIX, and on that Saturday, The Big Waterslide Birthday Extravaganza at our house. Good LORD, what was I thinking. Next week I will be running around like a crazy person preparing for the party and, at some point, visiting potential after-school care options because first grade starts a month from this Friday. A MONTH FROM THIS FRIDAY!!!!

August is usually my least favorite month of the year, but I'm actually looking forward to it for maybe the first time ever. Why? Well, there's going to be lots of great stuff going on. Going to Stubb's to see Crowded House. (I love Neil Finn with the fiery passion of 10,000 suns, so to say I'm excited is an understatement.) The Geej in two week-long back-to-back theatre/performance camps that each culminate with, well, a performance! The trip with The Geej and Dah to San Diego (which is still a surprise, btw. I can't WAIT to tell her!). Then the beginning of first grade, followed by (most likely) a work trip to NYC. Crazy, no?

Yes, the summertime is rolling on by, and I'm trying my best to roll with it. 

No comments: