But it wasn't just my closet: my dresser(s) were in a total state of chaos as well. What this led to was me doing laundry, folding clothes, and then putting away everybody's stuff but my own. Instead, my clothes would just sit around in random piles all over the house until I eventually (and literally) wore them down. So yesterday, I took advantage of being Geej-free for the day and the fact that poor BH was out of the house working to spend around six hours cleaning out, weeding through, and reorganizing. That's right: I said 6 hours.
- Number of pairs of shoes thrown away = 8
- Items found with tags still on them/never worn = 17
- Bags of clothes ready to be taken to Safeplace = 3
- Number of items I found on hangers from the dry cleaners I used while living in Chicago...NINE YEARS AGO = 2
- Number of skirts discarded because I will never, ever be young enough or crazy enough to wear something that short in public again = 3
Say it with me now people: Aaaahhhh...MUCH better. I was actually able to VACUUM the carpet in my closet (something I don't think I've done since I moved in nearly 3 years ago...YIKES)! And I can find things! Like, fast and shit!
And as if this weren't enough for one day, I sat down and did two hours' worth of work work yesterday evening so I could cross a few things off my never-ending "To Do" list.
Then I took a shower, read a magazine, and passed-the-hell-out. And 24 hours later? My closet is still clean and organized. Yay for me!!