1. How do you like your eggs?
My favorite way? Deviled. My most frequently ordered/prepared way? Scrambled.
2. How do you take your coffee/tea?
Tea, straight up. Coffee, no thank you.
3. Favorite breakfast food:
Potato, egg, cheese and jalapeno bkfst. taco with pico de gallo. Heaven on freakin' Earth.
4. Peanut butter:
Yeah...I'm sort of weird about peanut butter. But if I have to have it, creamy please, and all natural...you know, like you have to stir it up to mix all the oil and shit together.
5. What kind of dressing on your salad?
Any kind of vinagrette. Aside from a Greek salad, I deplore creamy dressings.
6. Coke or Pepsi?
Coke. Not diet Coke; the real thing.
7. You're feeling lazy. What do you make?
Bean and cheese soft tacos or a sandwich.
8. You're feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order?
All veggie, sans bell peppers.
9. You feel like cooking. What do you make?
Oh man...pretty much anything. I'm all about entrees, sides, and salads. But I'm not good with desserts and baking. My favorite thing to prepare for a semi-fancy meal is a seared, high quality tuna steak, a really good salad, and some sort of starchy side. For a simple supper, a good entree salad with tons of fresh ingredients.
10. Do any foods bring back good memories?
King Ranch Casserole (also called "Mexican Chicken" around my house). It was one of those "go to" dishes my mom made a lot when I was growing up, and I've always loved it, despite the Velveeta.
Also, fried catfish. It's something that my dad excelled at creating, and I miss his version like crazy.
11. Do any foods bring back bad memories?
Broth and jello.
12. Do any foods remind you of someone?
Quiche reminds me of my grandmother. Purple-hulled peas remind me of my stepfather. Pistachios remind me of my dad. And Whataburger reminds me of Longview.
13. Is there a food you refuse to eat?
Any kind of mammal.
14. What was your favorite food as a child?
Fried shrimp. Apple Jacks.
15. Is there a food that you hated as a child but now like?
16. Is there a food that you liked as a child but now hate?
17. Favorite fruit and vegetable:
Potato, even though that's kind of a cop-out vegetable. But I've never EVER met a potato I didn't like. Next in line? Spinach. Fruit? Those little tangerines that are in season right around Christmas time...Cuties? I could eat 10 of those a day.
18. Favorite junk food:
Doritos. Any flavor.
19. Favorite between meal snack:
20. Do you have any weird food habits?
I eat the entire pickled okra, including the stem.
21. You're on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on?
Tamari rice cakes
22. You're off your diet. Now what would you like?
Cheese and vodka
23. How spicy do you order Indian/Thai?
Medium to "It goes to eleven/Vindaloo Poo."
24. Can I get you a drink?
25. Red or White Wine?
White (as long as it isn't Chardonnay).
26. Favorite dessert?
Key Lime Pie.
27. The perfect nightcap?
Nice tall cold glass o' agua.