Friday, April 08, 2005

Where in the world is Karla May?

Hey folks,

Sorry I've been so lax in posting. But I'm in Vladivostok, and have been wrapped up in the maelstrom that is getting my daughter from the orphanage, and setting up house for a couple of weeks in the hotel while I wait for all the paperwork to be completed. I only have limited internet access too, so posts from now until I get home will most likely be sporadic at best. But please don't forget about your little Pine Curtain Refuge. I promise to post again soon.

All I have to say now is a) wow and b) I wish I had a way to post photos. This experience has been so intense. My baby girl is finally with me and out of that orphanage. It's the best feeling in the world. Such a relief, but at the same time, such an enormous, stressful undertaking. My mom is here with me, thank God. She is helping out immensely, and falling head over heels in love with her BEAUTIFUL grand-daughter.

MUCH more to come. I can't wait to fill you in on this trip. It has been nuts, and I've still got a couple of weeks to go.

Pray for me, folks...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marla,

I just read your latest posting and I'm dying to see photographs! I bet you and your Mom are so cute with little Gracelyn. How awesome that your Mom could and did come with you.

I loved my birthday card! I can't believe with all this going on that you had the time to think of me and send a card - that means a lot to me.

I didn't go too crazy this birthday - I had a party with another March birthday girl at Dave and Buster's. I did create a Skee-Ball Competition Extraordinaire with brackets and prizes and everything. A man won, believe it or not. And we ended up in a limo driving around, drinking champagne.

I was kind of waiting to plan my next Austin trip for after Gracelyn arrived, so now I can start thinking about a good time to come see the cousins and Suzy and you! I'm going to a wedding in Oregon in July, but I"ll probably have some other time this summer.

Well enjoy your time in Russia and I'll keep an eye on the blog for your return!

Lane