Thursday, December 27, 2007

Holiday Recap.

I love it when Christmas is low-key and manageable. That's how it was this year. I spent a great deal of time prepping and cooking, which was actually very enjoyable. Here's what I made:

Chrismas Eve
Polenta Gratin with Mushrooms and Fontina
Baked Stuffed Tomatoes
Green Salad with Pears and Gorgozola
Iced Christmas Sugar Cookies

Christmas Morning
Green Chile and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
Fresh Fruit

Christmas Afternoon/Night
Winter Squash and White Bean Stew with Crusty Bread

I'm happy to say, it was all quite yummy. Including the Bailey's.
Also, the Christmas cookie baking/decorating session went much better than last time. The Geej dressed in her finest fairy attire and got busy decorating with the other elves (Dah, Jaye and BH). Lovely, no?

She finally went to bed after I traumatized her by ringing Santa bells outside of her window. Yeah...I won't be doing that again. Once she was sacked out, BH put together the tricycle...again.(My mom had originally done it, and when I picked it up to bring it in from the garage, the handlebars came completely off.)
I put out all of her Christmas goodies and took bites of Santa's cookies and the celery we left for the reindeer.
Yes, that's ANOTHER baby you see right front and center. You see, Geej has a "swimming baby" (i.e., one that you can take in the bathtub) who has gotten a little...um...skanky. So Santa brought her a new baby for the bath. Meanwhile, the old swimming baby--Britney (my mom named her)--is being retired to Dah's house.
Geej burst into our room at the crack of dawn, whispering LOUDLY, "Mommy!! Come yook! Santa came!!" It was awesome. She was surprised by and loved everything. Then came the unwrapping, which she TOTALLY got into this year (as opposed to last).

The tricycle was a big hit. Here's Dah and Geej, going out on their maiden voyage.

Earl kept wondering where his presents were. It was kind of sad, really.

Now we get to wait another year to do it all again.

1 comment:

blackbird said...

Gosh she's cute -
I didn't realize she's a wee tiny thing...