Saturday, December 15, 2007

Oh really? Well screw you too.

Thursday I was in the elevator at work, heading back to my MWS* after a meeting, when this lady got on with me who I'd never seen before. The fact that we were complete strangers didn't stop her from saying, "It looks like today has gotten the best of you."

Um, what? Excuse me? Did you just tell me I look like tired-ass crap? Why, yes. Yes you did.

Here's the thing, though: I did NOT feel particularly tired that day nor did I think I looked it. But hey, the random elevator stranger never lies, right?

So to try and counter this apparent drain on my usually astonishingly perky good looks, I ended up taking a FOUR HOUR NAP with the Geej today. We got in bed to read books at around 1:30, and didn't wake until 5:38 as the sun was setting. The upside is now I'm feeling chipper as Donna Reed and am in the midst of making some Christmas cookies (more on that later). The downside is that the length of the nap probably confirms what I've been suspecting for a couple of days--The Geej is coming down with something, AND she'll never, ever go to sleep tonight.

*MSW=my luxurious cube

No comments: