Friday, December 08, 2006

Fancy Pants.

One of the many charming things about the Pine Curtain Refugee is that I never EVER have it quite together. Especially when it comes to getting dressed up.

Case in point: Last night, I had a hoity-toity work banquet thingie at this swanky joint. Since the event venue was downtown at 6pm (and I work downtown), I just brought my outfit, shoes, etc. I wanted to wear to work with me so I could just change and primp prior to party time without worrying about fighting rush hour traffic to and from my house. Sounds like a good plan, yes? Well, I hadn't really thought my outfit through. I wore a red sweater, black skirt, and some black "super hero" boots that I thought would look hot with the black fishnet hose I brought. And the fishnets would've been fine if I'd bothered to shave my legs in the past month. Yeah. Nice visual, huh?

Another example: Today I decided to dress a bit more nicely than usual because Jaye was taking me to lunch at a nice place called Cafe Jezebel. So I actually fixed my hair (those who know me know what a rare event that is) put on some nice pants, decent shoes, a cashmere sweater twinset, and my pearls. PEARLS, people! I get to work and realize--OOPS--not one, but two moth holes in the sweater.

I should just give up and wear my pajamas and houseshoes to work every day.

On a TOTALLY unrelated note, I was reading a website today that called Paris Hilton a "celebutard." Fucking brilliant!!

2 comments:

Jaye Joseph said...

Damn that was a good lunch. Photos will be up at a later date on the new blog.

Karla said...

OK, what I love is the picture of you in fishnets with all the little hairs on your legs (and yeah I've seen you with some HAIR growth, lady) being lifted and separated by the fishnet strings. Each hair glowing in the light, raised gently and held up proudly for inspection by the hosiery.

Gawd, that's hot.