Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Be careful what you ask for.

As I've mentioned before, last Christmas was VERY low-key for The Geej. We got her just a few gifts (most of which she still plays with) and didn't really decorate. I'd just moved into my house, and so my Christmas stuff was all packed away. And we went to Mom's house, who has never really been one to "do it up" on Christmas.


Well, this year is different. The Geej is TOTALLY into this whole Christmas thing, and my mom and I have been buying stuff for her for a couple of months now. Obnoxious, I know, but come on: the little kiddos are what it's all about, right? Anyhoo, I mentioned to my mom that The Geej might enjoy a Little People doll house kind of a thing. I've already purchased the Pre-School set (which I think The Geej will absolutely LOVE since she loves school so much), but I figured the doll house set would be a good thing to have at my mom's so that little bit could play with it when she's out there.

What I was thinking about was something along these lines:

What Mom bought her was this:


Holy HELL people! This thing is HUGE. You can't really tell because there's not kiddo pictured with it to give a sense of the scale, but trust me. Apparently, it came with twin babies and other "accessories," so yeah. What's funny is that doll house looks EXACTLY like the house Geej and I live in. Right down to the window boxes and pink roof. Strange.

4 comments:

La Turista said...

See what I mean? Yesterday, Olive played with her castle and all of her friends for 5 HOURS straight, with a quick break for lunch. I just whirled in and out of the kitchen as I did laundry, unpacked, and cleaned, and she was as happy as a clam, chattering away. Especially when we had a princess sleepover/wedding after I folded the last load of clothes. The preschool set is on her list, too. Little People rule.

Karla said...

Looks like MY house too..wait, I think it IS my house. Least, it's the same size.....

Karla said...

Looks like MY house too..wait, I think it IS my house. Least, it's the same size.....

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! I mean I love it. Oddly, I still remember getting my Little People house as a bitty kid.

Graham is getting the airport from his grandparents but I tell you one damn thing -- he is also getting the house.

But not the super duper one with the pink roof. Which is so sad. Do you think Geej will let me come over and play.