Monday, September 12, 2005

Sorry, but I had to do it.

I got "comment spammed," so I got desperate and turned on "word verification." Sorry. I know it's a pain in the ass, but spammers are a tricky, annoying bunch of assholes, and we must deal with them how we can.

In other news, it feels like a sauna outside. About 85 degrees with about 150% humidity. Gross as hell. I'm ready for that first fall cool snap. Everyone always gets in the best mood when it happens.

"Hey, have you been outside?! Isn't it nice? I slept with my windows open!! Here's $20 bucks!"

That's usually how it happens. Minus the 20 bucks part.

* * * * *
I am completely obsessed with getting a different car. Not that I don't love my Jetta, which I do. But it's limitations have become glaringly apparent since the baby arrival. It's too low for one thing. Getting her in and out of the carseat in the back is hell on my already-crumbling knees and even more hard on my pushing-forty back. It's too small. Once I get her and all her stuff loaded in, and then me and all my stuff loaded in (let's say, to go to Gran's house for the weekend), there's little room for much else. I love the way it drives, and I love the way it looks. And the stereo and air-conditioner kick ass. But I gotta tell you, I'm not loving the wagon these days.

I do not want an SUV. And I sure as hell don't want a minivan (sorry, Badger). Not yet, at least. I like the Honda CR-V because it's higher than a car but not an obnoxious SUV. Oh, and it's a Honda, which is a good thing. But they only make 4 cylinder versions of the CR-V (which is just stupid), and I'm sorry, I'm not going back to a 4 cyl. after driving a V6. So, basically, the vehicle I want doesn't exist. It's very frustrating.

Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Badger said...

Okay, but have you SEEN my minivan? Because it's pretty stylin'. Leather seats, CD player, flip-down DVD thingie in back ... um ... power sliding doors? Seriously, it's cool! IT IS! SHUT UP!

*sob*

Oh, and AMEN on the heat/humidity. Could it just get below 90 for a change? Jesus.

Anonymous said...

I have an idea! A truck! Chicks with trucks are cool. And they have some with four doors, so you can put Gracelyn in the back and you don't have to bend over. Plus, you can put stuff in the "bed" of it, or whatever it's called. Like an F150 or 250, whichever has a backseat. I like my idea!

Can't wait to see you next week!

Karla said...

I'm gonna ask my brother about this for you, ok? He knows EVERYTHING.

And I knew it was just a matter of time before you did the verification thingy...sigh. My last bastion of free commenting. But spamming sucks.

rpdmji

Karla said...

My brother says to get a subaru forester. They are apparently really fast now and get great gas mileage.

Subarus rock, that's for sure. I love mine.

Anonymous said...

why don't you get a magic carpet? or perhaps a spaceship? i love the photo of the geej in the previous post. i think i want to have a little geej for lunch! did you know i read your blog??
xoxoxo
mms