Thursday, September 29, 2005

My mother, the genius.

I've been bitching and moaning a LOT lately about my consistent lack of quality sleep, due in large part to my tiny bladder and my noisy baby. The bladder I can't do anything about. Even if the last drop of liquid I had was at 5pm, I'm still gonna have to get up at some point in the night to pee. I can't do much about the noisy baby either. She sleeps through the night pretty well, but there are always one or two moments when she cries out in her sleep and then goes right back to snoozeville. When these cries come through the baby monitor, they jolt me awake, even though the stupid monitor is turned all the way down and lying on it's speaker to muffle it even more. And once I'm awake, I'm awake. Period. It's a very frustrating and exhausting way to spend the night.

My mom--the genius--suggested that I turn the monitor off while sleeping. My house is small enough (and I'm a light enough sleeper) that I would be able to hear The Geej from my room if she really was crying, and maybe with the monitor off, I wouldn't be jolted awake so easily with the little midnight cries-for-n0-reason.

I'm on night #2 of no monitor, and I gotta say, I'm sleeping much better. Now if I could just get my genius mother to come up with some painfully obvious and effective way to deal with my teeny bladder, than I'd be all good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to do the same thing. Every time the boy sighed or cooed in his sleep, I would be wide awake just in case he needed me.

Karla said...

I was gonna suggest turning off the monitor, as well, but thought maybe you might have it on for a reason.
Or that I might offend if I said "Can you turn off the monitor". Not having a baby of my own, I don't know monitor ettiquette.