Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Spring Cleaning.

You KNOW you work at a weird place when almost everyone on your team is doing some sort of a "cleanse." Two of the chicks on my team have had nothing but water mixed with lemon juice, cayenne pepper and molasses since last Friday night. They're supposed to do this for (at least) ten days, then when they break this fast, they're only supposed to have orange juice for a couple of days and then slowly start eating again. They are, clearly, insane.

Jaye has started her diet in earnest (Go Jaye!), and I'm sure our other female colleague will begin some sort of cleanse/fast or something (she's been talking about some brown rice cleanse she's read about) when she returns from Seattle tomorrow. So I figured, when in Rome...

So tomorrow morning, I'm going to start a 14-day cleanse. That's right, two freakin' weeks of nothing but this stuff,water, and raw fruits and veggies (the fiber-y kind...not the starchy or citrus-y kind). Clearly, I am insane. But truthfully, I know people who do these things quarterly or a couple of times a year, and they swear by them. They say you feel so good during and after, that it's totally worth it. I'm willing to try anything once. And besides, I need to start eating better, and I figure starting from scratch might be just the way to do it. So of course, I pigged out today on Indian food for lunch and bbq for dinner.
Bye bye real food. Hello cleanse. As long as I don't have stuff that looks like this come out of me, I think I'll be cool. (WARNING: Do NOT click on that link unless you think you can handle looking at dozens of photos of the truly bizarre poop of strangers.)
Wish me luck...and will power.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohforthelovagod! If all your friends jumped off a ... never mind.

Anonymous said...

Why,Karla May? Why?

Damn you for forcing me to link to that before breakfast.

And on the topic of Edible Austin, your doppeleganger is in the rag today.

Strangely enough, my mother met her recently.

If you cleanse, can we expect documentation?

Badger said...

Yeah, I am SO not clicking on that link. Thanks anyway.

And you "cleanse" people are fucking INSANE. Is it not enough that I have to go through a colonoscopy prep every couple of years? Now I'm supposed to add in a couple more, just for the hell of it? Fuck that cleanse shit, man.

Uh. No pun intended.

Karla May said...

I've got a whole "spring cleaning" thing going on in my life right now--it's not just limited to my colon. But somehow, the "internal cleanse" idea meshed with the external one.

And no, I wouldn't jump off a bridge if my friends did. I was simply inspired by their will power and determination to see this thing through to the end.

And also, no, there will be no documentation Mama Malcontent. I think that Colonix site has just about all of the poop fodder that the internet really needs.

Anonymous said...

Har! I was just about to leave the same comment as MM.

Why? Why? Why?

And why do I go "Wow, that link sounds disgusting," and then click on it?