Friday, June 01, 2007

Hear that?

That rumbling you hear is the annual Republic of Texas Biker Rally. They're expecting 50,000 bikers to invade Austin before the weekend's over. I'm on the 6th floor of my office building, which is situated at a very busy downtown intersection, and I've been able to hear them roaring through all day. It's 85 degrees, sunny, humid, and the town is full of bikers. Yep, summer's here.

The Geej is going to lose her effin' mind. She's SO crazy about motorcycles (thanks to my mom teaching her to yell "Hottie!" each time she sees someone on one).

More soon...

3 comments:

amamgets said...

Okay, can I tell you how much I LOVE that your mom taught the Geej to yell "Hottie!" at motorcycles?

That is seriously funny.

Karla said...

Your mom taught the Geej to yell "Hottie" whenever she sees someone on a bike? Oh God that's hilarious....When she gets older you can have her do what my brother would do to me...I'd be driving, and a guy would pull up next to me in his car at a light. Kit would wolf whistle or shriek something in a girl voice about his hotness and then duck down so it looked like *I* did it. And laugh and laugh and laugh while I marinated in humiliation....
Good times.

Karla May said...

Umm...yeah. The Geej ALSO assigns these Hotties to people. She'll be like, "That's YOUR Hottie, Mommy. And Dah, that's YOUR Hottie. And I'VE got a hottie. One, two, three Hotties." It's like the white trash version of Sesame Street.

Oh and guess what else: My mom took the Geej to FUCKING McDonald's this week!! McFUCKINGDonald's!! Does she NOT know where I work?! Does she not remember that I haven't eaten beef in over 13 years?! Has she noticed that I've NEVER given the Geej beef? OMFG. I could've throttled her when she told me that. Grrr...