Thursday, March 08, 2007

Tiniest. Houseguest. Ever.

Guess who's staying with us for spring break?

PRINCESS APRICOT!! The Russian Dwarf Hamster from The Geej's school. (The kids named her. Can you tell?)

I really don't know how I got sucked in to this. Honest, I don't. But somehow, this little rodent ended up riding home with us in the car today, and it seems that the entire household is fascinated with her.

We just can't stop watching her because she is cuteness defined. She's the size of a freakin' golf ball, people. And her little feet are so itty and pink. She's almost edible. (Earl would probably argue about my use of "almost" in that sentence, but oh well.)

I'm sure that by the end of our time together I will a) know a lot more than I now do about hamsters (which won't be any big feat) and b) be very sure that I never want a hamster of my own.

We're heading to Dallas tomorrow for the weekend. It's a dual purpose visit: I'm going up for a dear friend's baby shower and we're going to visit my mom's sister and her lovely husband (Nanny and Papa, as The Geej calls them) and their wonderful mutt, Missy. Aside from the car ride, it should be a fun trip.

Talk to you fools on Sunday.

1 comment:

Karla said...

and you're leaving Earl with a snack in a cage???????????