Sunday, March 04, 2007

Goings on.

So remember when I told ya'll about my most excellent spa day I had on Friday? Well, leave it to me to completely fuck ALL of that up by severely pulling a muscle in my shoulder/neck area Saturday morning. While lying in bed talking on the phone. Yep, that's how cool I am. I mean I fucked it up, big time by doing nothing more physically taxing than holding the phone to my ear. WTF, people?! Is this what getting old is, because if so, I'm not enjoying it one bit.

Had lunch with a friend then went to the grocery store while all hopped up on Aleve. Came home, packed a bag, and headed out to Dah's house for the night. She had these two new bedspreads she was all psyched for me to see. Um...okay. She made a nice dinner and kept heating up in the microwave this weird thing that you can wrap around your aching body parts to give them relief. Between that and the Aleve and the Advil and the wine, my neck started to feel a tiny bit better.

I was very much looking forward to a scorching hot bath in her whirlpool tub, but I managed to fuck that up as well. See, I decided to put like a TEAspoon of bubble bath in there, and when I turned the whirlpool jets on, shit went nuts. It was Bubble City, and to keep it from going over the edges of the tub, I decided to let a bit of the water out. But then I couldn't get the damn tub stopper thing to go back down, and all of the hot, wonderful water drained out before I could get my mom in to help me (humiliating). Finally, we got the stopper thing to work, and I started to fill the tub once more. And guess what: no hot water. Grrrr... Sucked.

My neck's about 50% better now, but I'm still pissed off at my stupid old-ass body.

But here are two things to be happy about:


1)

That is 420 one dollar bills. I've been socking them away for a while now, almost every time I get change back that includes ones, and I finally decided to pull them out of the shoebox and count them. I'm not sure what I'm going to splurge on, but I can promise you it's going to be something fun.

2) As most of you know, my real name is not Karla May. My real name--first and last--is rather unusual. In fact, in my entire lifetime, I've only actually met 3 other people with my first name and 1 other with my last name (who wasn't somehow related). So it's been a weird thing knowing that there's another woman in Austin with my exact same name. I've had all these near-misses with meeting her, and LOTS of confusion of people hearing things about this woman (good things, thank God), and thinking it was me. Last week it happened twice. Two different people at work said things to me about the OTHER Karla May that they thought were attributed to me. So finally, I decided enough is enough: I e-mailed this woman who shares my name, and we're going to finally meet. For lunch. Tomorrow. I can't wait! I've known about her since 1994, so it's high time we met. I hope she understands that, like "The Highlander," there can only be one Karla May.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, do you have to cut her head off?

La Turista said...

You sure those ones didn't come from a couple or 20 shifts at The Landing Strip? Or is that the "other" Karla May?

Badger said...

Does that mean ... you're planning to kill her? I won't tell.

Oh, and DUDE! You put bubble bath in a whirlpool tub?! HAHAHA! I wanna party with YOU. (Bring the money.)

Karla said...

Those dollar bills will buy a helluva lotta $2 longnecks at a happy hour somewhere. A happy hour to which you WILL invite me, right? Because when i factor in the cost of beer here in Norway, divided by you buying me like, 30 happy hour longnecks, i've practically paid for my flight to Austin, which means YOU BOUGHT ME A FLIGHT TO TEXAS! Dude, you are the BEST friend EVER!

**However, BA IS having a sale and you really COULD buy a ticket to London you know. To meet up with me. For a kick ass weekend....

Anonymous said...

Cool - I hope she has a good sense of humor too. I know someone else with your last name, by the way. I went to high school with him. He recently married one of my good friends so now she has your name too.

Feel better, Lane.