Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Just plain stuff.

Don't you hate it when there's so much you want to blog about, and there's, literally, no gas left in your tank? My fingers are struggling to type this. (Where's home row? Why do I have to push so hard on these keys? Etc.) And yet...

My lunch with the Other Karla May (OKM) went very well. OKM is a few years older than I, very easy to chat with, a native Texan (although not a refugee from the Pine Curtain like I am), and into and/or directly involved in a lot of the things that intrigue me as well. Theater. Politics. Writing. Graphic design. Food. Organics. Ecological conservation. Music. Keeping Austin weird for real. I liked her a whole lot. I imagine the Karla May meetings will continue. Together, I can imagine we could be quite a force to be reckoned with.

Work is buzzing. There's so much going on. The days are flying by. I've barely had time to catch my breath this week. I love the energy at work right now. But I could also use a breather.

Speaking of, I'm on the verge of planning a trip to the beach with Dah, The Geej and myself. Anyone want to come? I'm thinking a long weekend in early May. Let me know. The more the merrier. Especially where toddlers are concerned.

My toddler proclaimed this evening that she's "two and a half" but that when she's three she wants a party with "ice cream, red icing and pancakes and gum" and that she would love "a tricycle and a hamster and a dog and a kitty." She also gave me her guest list, which included several cats and dogs she knows as well as a few characters from books we read. And Max and Ruby. She wants them there for sure.

I'm dying to hear from my accountant about what's up with my taxes. I know I'm not going to get a windfall like last year's refund, but I'm hoping for at least something. At the very least, I'm praying I don't have to pay. Fucking government with their unjust wars and whatnot. I don't feel like funding that shit any more than I have to.

Many, many other things are floating through my mind, my friends, but I'm way to wiped to share tonight.

Sweet dreams.

No comments: