Monday, June 09, 2008

Bullet Pointed Blogpost--The Nervous Breakdown Edition

Hi.

It's me.

So, yeah...

How are you? Good, good...

This weather, eh? Hot, isn't it?

Mmm hmm...

So let's get on to the bullet points, shall we?

  • Friday night (Eddie Izzard) was a blast. My friend, RJ, and I got gussied up and took a cab from her house (she lives MUCH closer to downtown than I do) to The Paramount. We arrived in time to have a couple of pre-show cocktails. We entered the auditorium just in time to see Mr. Izzard come out on to the stage amid delirious applause. For me, this was the highpoint of the performance. I like Eddie a lot. In fact, I think he's delicious. However his stand up does NOT do it for me. My humor is way different from his, and although I enjoyed looking at how his jeans fit him, I gotta say, I found myself checking my watch a lot during the performance.

  • After it was over, we went to Stephen F.'s for a couple of post-show cocktails and some girl talk. (Yes, Texpatriate! Those are the earrings you made for me. I LURVE them!!)I love Stephen F.'s, but on this particular evening, the service was shite. After we left there, we took a bicycle taxi to the Four Seasons lounge for a nightcap (you know, because we TOTALLY needed one). And on the way, we got cat-called by some 20-something frat boys!! Whoot!! Score one for the Cougar Den!! I freakin' lurve the Four Seasons, by the way, despite of its high priced drinks and quota of rich old white douchebags.

  • After our one drink there, we (wisely) took a cab back to RJ's, and I commenced to downing water while she had a couple more nightcaps (also known as the T.U.D.: Totally Unecessary Drink). A couple of hours and a lot of conversation later, I looked down at my watch, and it was 3:00am!! Holy Mother of God! When was the last time I stayed out until 3:00am?! I can't even remember.

  • So I made my way home, and then took a shower. So I actually got in bed at about 3:45am. This wouldn't have been that big of a deal except that I had to get up the next morning and be out the door by 8:45am, drive 30 miles to meet my mom at the halfway point between her house and mine, get The Geej, and then drive straight to a...wait for it...BIRTHDAY PARTY FOR A 5 Yr. OLD CLASSMATE at the GOIN' BANANAS PLAYNASIUM & KID FREAKOUT EMPORIUM!!! Why all-caps you ask? Because that's what my morning felt like. I wasn't all that hung over. I mean, not really. The gallon of water plus the two aspirin and the Pepto Bismal I took before bed helped. But damn if I wasn't tired as all hell. So after a couple of hours of jumping in every kind of germy bouncy thing you can imagine and downing her weight in pizza and b-day cake, Geej and I went home.

  • Then, which would on any other Saturday be my naptime (with The Geej), I went to my long-overdue hair cut/color appointment. And due to the special stuff I asked her to do (photos to come...It's AWESOME), my appointment took 3 hours instead of the normal 2. But then I had to go to the grocery store to pick up stuff to make the salad (mentioned in the previous post) before heading home. And the when I got home, I prepared the salad, and then bathed/bedded the Geej. I was so exhausted at the end of all of this, that I was sick to my stomach and on the verge of tears.

  • Sunday was a much more reasonable day: BH went down to the Canyon Lake area to meet his boys and go tubing, while GJ and I did our cat-sitting duties for a friend, went shopping, had a fancy big girl lunch, and then did some more shopping before heading home and taking a nap. See how much nicer that is?

  • Last night, I had insomnia, and was awake from about 2:30 to almost 4:00am. Awesome.

  • BH and I have been talking about escaping to Marfa for a long weekend in July. God, I hope this happens, or my hair may start falling out in clumps.

3 comments:

Shelia said...

I can't help it. Every time I read "BH" I think of "Big Hunk."

He's your Big Hunk and in my brain, there's no changing it!

Everybody needs a BH!

SUS said...

T.U.D.!!! I think I've told you before that Steven refers to his T.U.D. as the "Free Beer." It's like a reward for getting home safely after a night of paying for drinks.

Kelly R. said...

Yes, I vote for the Marfa trip! It's cooler here, ya know, and them stars are a-may-zing. C'mon already!