Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Up, up and awaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

I'm going on my first work trip since the arrival of The Geej. I leave in a couple of hours, go to Colorado, have dinner with a dear friend, go to a ribbon cutting and presentation tomorrow morning, leave tomorrow afternoon, get home tomorrow night. Mom is taking care of the wee one for me. Said it before, but I'll say it again: The woman's a lifesaver. This is going to be my first journey without the baby, and I feel like it's going to be mega-weird.

I'm excited and nervous. Taking this trip means I'm sort of "getting back out there"--like starting to date again after a divorce, which I've never really managed to do. I don't want to ever have to travel like I once was--every other week at one point. But I could handle a short trip like this every month. If for nothing else, it's good for my career. So I'm frazzled, but I'm going. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: