Monday, November 01, 2010

Let's try this again, shall we?

A couple of years ago, I signed up for NaBloPoMo, but lasted like 4 days before I screwed up and didn't post. So I'm trying it again.

First a little catch up:

Today's my 2nd wedding anniversary. To celebrate, we went out of town for the weekend (while the wonderful Dah kept The Geej). Not FAR out of town, mind you, but it still felt like a vacation. We rented a little cabin on the Blanco river in a tiny town near here called Wimberley. The house sits on 25 acres and has about 500 feet of private riverfront. The weather was amazingly perfect, and we had a very nice time. Saturday afternoon, after a short foray into town for lunch, we came back and just lounged on the banks of the river for hours. Yes, I dozed and felt totally relaxed--something that doesn't happen as frequently as I wished it would. Saturday night, BH built a fire in the fire place (yay!) and we watched the Texas Rangers win their first game in the World Series (double yay!).

Isn't this freakin' GORGEOUS?!
I was sad to leave yesterday, but we had to get back to town for HALLOWEEN!!!

Once again, we went to a friend's house to trick-or-treat in their neighborhood with a pack of goblins and their parents. It was lots of fun, and our hosts had made food for the grown-ups and the kids, so you know, bonus! The Geej was a black cat:

I had to practically BEG her to don this costume. The original one she'd picked out was some ridiculous, semi-slutty outfit called a "Batt-erina", that included fingerless black satin gloves, fishnet stockings, and of course lots and lots of sequins. She saw it in a costume catalogue we got in the mail. What the HELL people?! I am not crafty, and so cannot (and probably will not ever) actually make her a Halloween costume. It's just not going to happen. So I'm stuck with the consumer options for little girls' costumes that pretty much break down into the categories of Disney and/or slutty. Sigh...

As far as anniversary plans for today, we don't have any. It's a Monday after all. And the Rangers are playing tonight and (hopefully) managing to pull of a win so that they stay alive in this series. And I'm tired. And did I mention that it's Monday?

No comments: