Monday, November 29, 2010

I am in for so much trouble.

Yesterday evening on the way back from getting The Geej from her overnighter with Dah, she asks me, "When we get home, can I call Daschel?" (You may recall from mentions in several previous posts that Daschel is The Geej's "boyfriend".) When I say yes, we probably can, she emphasizes how important it is that we do so because, "He's my boyfriend and I miss him and boyfriends and girlfriends talk and hang out sometimes." Well, um, okay...

We get home and call his dad. No Daschel. He's at his mom's for the night. I sort of figure it'll be over right then and there, but no. She want's Daschel's mom's phone number. So we get it and call over there, get voicemail, and The Geej leaves a plaintive message about how much she misses him and how she wants to talk to him, etc. A few minutes later, the phone rings, and it's Daschel and OMG, y'all. The ensuing conversation made me nearly bust a gut. I'm still mad I didn't sneakily record it so I could transcribe it. But it was SO cute. They really do miss each other, and it kind of kills me. They've known each other since they were two, so you know, more than half of their lifetimes!!


The Geej (far left) and Daschel (far right, with sweet mullet), age 2

But oh my, if her love of Daschel is any foreshadowing of what's to come when she's a boy-crazy "tween", I am going to have to put her under house arrest, complete with an ankle bracelet.
Daschel and The Geej, age 6 (just a coincidence that she has face paint on in both pictures)

1 comment:

Marti said...

He IS a cutie!