Thursday, February 28, 2008

Hey! Remember me?

I've got a lot to write about, so I'm going to skip the usual mea culpas about not blogging b/c I've been so freakin' busy, and get right to it.

What's happened recently:

Work is going at Mach 5. No, really. I mean it. Cuh-rayzee-go-nuts.

Last week was the big conference in San Antonio, and it went well. The second night I was there, a big group of us gathered in one of the attendee's room to play Rock Band. Yes, he'd brought all the gear with him from home, and with the 46" flat screen high def t.v. action, it was THE BOMB. I've never gotten to play Rock Band before, and for those of you who know how much I love to "perform," it was a game custom made for me. I tore UP the vocals on "Limelight" by Rush and "Creep" by Radiohead. Can't say I did so well on "Mississippi Queen" (whoever that's by). And I only tried to play an "instrument" once. It was the drums, and it was...well...sad. I also tried my hand at Dance Dance Revolution, and then decided (wisely) that it was time for bed.

I tried to take the day off last Friday, but that didn't work out so well. After dropping Geej off at school, I went to yoga (nice), but then I made the mistake of checking my work e-mail when I got home, and 4 1/2 hours and one conference call later, I realized my "day off" was toast. Sigh.

Last weekend the weather was INSANELY beautiful, which is one of the reasons we chose to take the Geej to the Austin Nature and Science Center--our first time there. I really enjoyed it, and want to go back again and explore the trails, but for our first venture, just looking at the rescued animals and digging in the sand were okay by us.

Monday it was back to the office. Monday was not a good day. In fact, it sucked. I'm not going to go into details, but suffice it to say, I wasn't a very happy camper. Tuesday was worse, and the only thing that kept me going was the fact that I'd made arrangements with BH to pick up The Geej after school so I could go to a 6pm yoga class. Well, work dragged on, and I got out of there later than I wanted to, and then traffic sucked more than normal and--you guessed it--I missed the yoga class. So I went home and immediately made a martini. And then another. I also decided that part of what was frustrating me was that there was no end in sight from the business and suckiness at work. I had no vacation or break of any kind scheduled to look forward to. So I forced BH to humor me and we booked a long weekend trip to the beach in April. Yay!! I wrote it on my calendar, IN PEN.

Wednesday was better, even if I was a bit tired (and a tad hungover). After I picked Geej up from school, I took her for a much needed haircut (she was beginning to look like one of The Ramones), and OMFG does she ever look cute--a stacked bob, short in the back, slanting down to her chin, which is perfect for her super-straight hair. And it makes her look SO much older. Sigh... I just can't believe how big she is when I look at her sometimes. Yesterday when we walked out of Birds was one of those times.

Also on Wednesday night, I discovered this in the kitchen: He was just sitting there, letting the water drip on his big ol' head, purring his big ol'ass off. I swear the boy ain't right.

Tonight, BH discovered this at our friendly neighborhood Spec's:

Ladies and Gentlemen, would you like Sum Poosie?
This wonderful concoction--that the world was absolutely thirsting for--originates from Florida, birthplace of Hooter's and alligator jerky. PLEASE check out their website and the two Grande Douchebags that started this little endeavor. I guess my favorite part of the website is the "Client Testimonial" on the homepage from Mike in L.A.: "Aside from being a great beverage, the name just couldn't be any cooler! I love to see the look on people's faces when I ask for 'SumPoosie'. It's a great party drink and conversation maker plus the girls love it!" Here's a tip for you Mike: These girls who "love" it when you ask for Sum Poosie should TOTALLY try and become one of their "Bottle Models." Then they could appear on a can like this classy 5' 4", 125 lb. gal from Ft. Lauderdale: "Yeah Mom! My modeling career is really taking off!! I'm the latest Bottle Model for 'Sum Poosie!' Aren't you THRILLED?!"

Lee, I'm TOTALLY buying you a case of this stuff.
I probably won't be posting for another couple of days. My friend Lisa and her baby boy Henry (Geej calls him "Him-oh-wee" and is TOTALLY obsessed with him) are coming to visit, AND I'm going to see Ghostland Observatory, AND the Texas Independence Day parade is on Saturday AND the Zilker Kite Festival is on Sunday, AND I'm going to see Built to Spill. So yeah...busy times around Casa Karla May.
More soon.

2 comments:

blackbird said...

That haircut is positively adorable.
I only wish grown-up hair would look good in that cut...
You ARE busy busy busy - I hope things at work get better.

Anonymous said...

Mountain sang Mississippi Queen